End 2012 Cycle
EAP 1B draft essay links
Assessment 3: Group Oral Presentation
|Group||Members||Topic||Google Docs link (for presentation notes)||Google Presentation link (for slideshow)|
|1||Min, Amy||Health: Comparison of Cancer in Korea and Thailand||Link||Link|
|2||Pornpimpol, Amelie (Natalie assisting to wk 4)||Future & Change: People, Environment and Technology||Link||Link|
Assessment 4: Research Discussion Essay
Either choose one of the topics below:
1. When people move to another country, some decide to follow the customs of the new country while others believe that they should keep to their own customs. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
2. It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
3. Congestion charging is the most effective means of preventing traffic congestion. Discuss.
4. Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
5. The advance of information technology is creating a less sociable society. Discuss.
You can submit your own topic which must be approved by your teacher.
|Name||Topic #||Google Link||Progress *|
|Min||3. Congestion charging||Link|
* The Progress column is to show your teacher what stage you are at. Update it with "plan done", "working on first draft", etc.